Last year we started a Christmas story advent calendar. I wrap up 24 christmas books sometime before December 1st and put them all in a basket. Then every night at bedtime the kids rotate who's turn it is to choose a book to unwrap and read. They LOVE this one. I always put a small sticker or something to mark the "Twas the night before Christmas" book to make sure it gets saved for Christmas Eve. I would hate to end on a lame story Hahaha. If you don't happen to have 24 Christmas books laying around the house, check the dollar stores next year. I found a lot of cute books there that are actually worth owning. Also, if you're a Utah native…. check the clearance tables at Seagull Book and Tape or Deseret Book. Thats actually where I bought my Night before Christmas book for $3 and its a BEAUTIFUL copy.
This year, we adopted an Elf on the Shelf. This was really fun and I'm glad I bought him. Zelph the Elf had some pretty crazy adventures at our house throughout the month:




When the kids go to climb into bed, they will find the ticket hidden under their covers, get ready for lots of giggles and screams as they all find their tickets! The kids are then instructed to grab their slippers and head for the car.
We drove the kids up to Perry for "Fantasy at the Bay" Lots of pretty drive-through lights for $9 a car. The kids (especially Emma) seriously flipped out when they found their tickets and heard Jared calling "All Aboard!!!" It really was fun for all of us. Will definitely repeat this in the future.Find your downloadable tickets HERE
Our last tradition that has gone on since I was a little girl is a Christmas Eve around the World Dinner. This year we "went" to Italy. The menu was Fettucine Alfredo, Chicken Parmesean, Salad, Garlic Bread, Ravioli, and Chocolate Lasagna(yes, a copycat from Olive Garden's discontinued dessert) for dessert. It was all Fantastic.
The rest of our Christmas was so much fun. Everyone believes at our house, which makes it all so magical. I'm already excited for next year!

What fun ideas! Thanks for sharing! I will for sure have to try some of those next year!
ReplyDelete