Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Adventures in Re-decorating…. The Girl's Room

YAY! It is FINALLY Done! I was itching to get this finished for the longest time after we did Jack's room. I think it turned out way cute though.
Girl's Room BEFORE:
This is the best before pic I could find. I obviously didn't take very many pictures in that room (probably because I subconsciously didn't like it….haha) Nothing special about it…. white walls(blah) a few very random decorations, and my attempt at trying to "spice it up" by painting their names on the wall. PS-Please excuse my just home from the hospital look ;)
Here is the update! First of all, you can't have a little girls bedroom without a girly color on the walls right? What could be better than BUBBLEGUM PINK?! :) Bunk-beds were a necessity as all 3 girls will be sharing this room by the end of the summer-I have a feeling it won't be very quiet in there.
Emma LOVES the top bunk, and Audrey is thrilled that we've finally realized she's not one anymore... that she is in fact, 4 years old and needs a big girl bed. She tries to remind us of this fact daily as she goes about playing with her older siblings.
Emma's Stuffed animal Tower…. Lol such a girl.
Cute bookshelf on sale at Target….
I wanted bedding that matched, but I didn't want it to be exactly the same. I am also morally against character bedding. I found just what I wanted at target. Yay.
Our new way of storing toys. They each have their own side…. so far so good.
Now my favorite part. The room still needed something more so I got very brave and painted a tree on the wall! I decided that the trees on the bedding didn't look crazy hard so I picked one I liked and went for it.
My inspiration:
Here's how it turned out:
Mr. Owl….I like him a lot. :)
Anyway there it is! MUCH better than how it began I think. I like my tree so much that now I'm thinking there needs to be more flowers and woodland creatures painted around the room… Lol the project is never-ending!


1 comment:

  1. Sam, you are really so creative! I could never do something like that. Painting on the walls is so cute. I can barely use a roller. Ha ha

    ReplyDelete